Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Chili Peppers Bustin' Moves and So Many More: 2011 Looks Sunny with 100% Chance of Precipitation in Great Music

This is an EXCITING year already in music. Let's just start with this: For four years, I've convinced myself that the Chili Peppers were never going on tour ever again. This daily, internal monologue-axiom was an effort to stymie any sort of toxic hope that lurked in my bones that they might perform live again. Sure, I heard they were back in the studio ... but with the exit of Frusciante, we had reason to worry that they were shuttered for good, even despite the musical chairs their band has played over the last three decades.

But! now, with Flea tweeting a couple photos taken in the studio and galvanizing the public about the latest album, following their smash double album Stadium Arcadium released back in '06, it's time to allow that ball of excitement to release in my stomach. RHCP is already slated to perform in Osaka Japan, headlining with the Strokes, as well as Rock in Rio this year. Tantalizing.

There are myriad delicious albums to wait for with bated breath this year. Among my most anticipated are the following: My Morning Jacket [THANK you Yim Yames! Evil Urges was sinfully eclectic but it's been too long!], BON IVER [who flabbergasted me by collaborating with Kanye on his new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Listen here: Lost in the World)], Jane's Addiction, Radiohead, Wilco, Outkast, Fleet Foxes, Lady Gaga [yikes, Gaga, did I really just throw you in so nonchalantly? Whatever -- I'm stoked!], The Shins. If the White Stripes miraculously tuned up their brother-sister-wify-husband-incestuously confused act, we'd have an apocalyptic royal flush.

Play list:

My Morning Jacket: Touch Me I'm Going to Scream If You Don't, Pt. 2; Bermuda Highway; Wordless Chorus

Bon Iver: Skinny Love; Re: Stacks; Flume

Jane's Addiction: Jane Says (Duh.); Been Caught Stealin'

Radiohead: I Might Be Wrong

Wilco: Jesus Etc.

Outkast: Happy Valentine's Day

Fleet Foxes: White Winter Hymnal

Lady Gaga: Teeth

The Shins: Australia; Sea Legs (*still to this day one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard), Phantom Limb

White Stripes: Jolene; I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself;



No comments:

Post a Comment